Apr 24, 2012

TOPPED WITH A DOLLOP OF NUTELLA...

I have a list of food items that make this world a better place, and Nutella is without a doubt one of them. Mais oui, what did you think! Of course I have a list of world peace foods, and I know you have one too- admit it
So anyway, there has been a jar of Nutella hanging out in my kitchen and I have been eyeing that jar everyday waiting to put it to good use- and eating it straight out of the jar was not an option (as much as I would had liked to do just that). 
But then I had a Paula Deen moment y'all: butter is her excuse to make everything taste better and mine is that a dollop of Nutella does just the same thing. 


What if I added a bit on my mini-madeleines just before they went into the oven?
Just like that...on these teeny madeleines that are so small... half the size of my thumb...
...you could eat them like peanuts...or popcorn- whatever you prefer really.
Or, like me, with an espresso that simply adds a moment of sweetness to anyone's day.

Nutella Madeleines
100gr butter, softened
1 lemon, zest of
200gr flour
50gr milk
8gr baking powder
3 eggs
150gr icing sugar
Nutella

Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Grease the madeleine moulds, set aside. 
Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture whitens a bit in colour. Add the lemon zest and half of the milk, mix well. Follow with the flour and baking powder. Finally, add the butter with the remaining half of the milk. Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes, and up to 2 hours. 
Transfer the batter into the greased madeleine moulds, top off with a dollop of Nutella and bake for 10 minutes. 

1 comment:

Ana said...

OMG! I just baked some of them with your exact recipe and I have no words... it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Mines were bigger, so I also filled them in with some more nutella :D... But even just the plain madeleines, it's absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing them with us!!! :)))